PSESD Inclement Weather Plan
The Communications department is committed to trying to have inclement weather closure announcements posted as soon as the decision is made. The closure decision is made by the Deputy Superintendent, Frank has committed to making the call by 5:00 a.m, which is one hour earlier than in previous years. There are several ways you can find out if our office has closed due to inclement weather:
- Call our main number, 425 917-7600 or 1 (800) 664-4549. We will put a voice mail on to let you know that we are closed.
- If you have internet access, you can check the FlashAlert.net. We will also place more specific announcements, on the front pages of www.psesd.org and MyPSESD.org.
- A message will be sent to you via our Emergency Communications service, FlashAlert.net. Sign-up now for FlashAlert.net
- Closure information will be given to the media via FlashAlert.net. The following stations are most likely to broadcast this information: KIRO TV (CH. 7), KIRO RADIO (710 AM), KOMO TV (CH. 4), KOMO Radio (1000 AM), or KING TV (CH. 5)
When the offices are closed, all events at PSESD Renton and/or other locations will be cancelled. If you have an event that you wish to cancel or delay please contact participants through phone, email or other methods as Communications does not have access to your registration list or information.
Go to mypsesd.org > Agency Operations > Inclement Weather Plan and Process for the above information and More.
The preferred and fastest method for PSESD Staff and regional school parents/subscribers to get emergency closure information is through the mobile app. Information about downloading the FlashAlert Messenger app for free, is available on the subscriber page at https://www.flashalert.net/login/
To Sign Up for FlashAlert:
- Go to FlashAlert.net
- Click on Mange your Messages
- Login or click on Create New Account
- Choose a region to Add an Organization
- Select Seattle/Western Washington
- Search for Puget Sound
- Select Organization from the drop-down list
- Click Subscribe
- Follow instructions for confirming email address and options for your account
- Information about downloading the FlashAlert Messenger app for free, is also available on this page
To update, confirm and test your account go to: https://www.flashalert.net/login/
The FlashAlert Messenger app is the preferred method for getting information, it is fast, reliable and easy to install.