Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day – Wednesday, August 15
Puget Sound ESD will celebrate Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day on Wednesday, August 15. PSESD invites you to bring your child(ren) and/or young relatives to this event. The children and/or students will be participating in interactive learning activities, which will guide and develop them toward a future where they can participate fully in work, family, and community. It also provides students/children with an opportunity to share how they envision the future and encourages them to begin steps toward their goals. Activities will be geared toward students/children in grades pre-K through grade 12.
This year’s theme is Power of Change. Join us in showing our future workforce that being part of a workplace team includes adaptation in response to change, and positive change makes the whole team better. Let’s get our super heroes excited about being part of the workforce and show them how they can impact others and make a positive change in people’s lives every day.
Puget Sound ESD (800 Oakesdale Ave SW, Renton, WA 98057) – 1st Floor Conference Center
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. – Guest Registration and Light Breakfast 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. – Welcome & Introductions 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Power of Change Activities hosted by the Leaders In Training (LIT) High School Summer Interns 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Closing activity with Board Member Jill Johnson 11:00 a.m. – Students/children accompany you to your workspace to learn what you do, and have meaningful conversations about their goals and dreams for the future.
If you are interested in bringing your child(ren), please follow the process outlined below:
1. Check with your supervisor to confirm that your work environment is conducive to bringing your child(ren) to work.
2. Confirm with your supervisor an appropriate duration to have your child(ren) in your workspace and return your child(ren) to school, home, etc. as appropriate and agreed upon with your supervisor. Children must be supervised by their parent/guardian/sponsor at all times, including during the welcome session and activities.
3. Upon approval of your supervisor, please RSVP to Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day by Wednesday, August 8, 2018 (this will ensure that we plan for the appropriate number of students/children) by emailing Cassidy Schilling via firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. As part of your RSVP, please provide an image of your child(ren) that we may include on the ID Badge they will receive the day of the event. Your child(ren) will still receive a badge without their photo if you do not wish to provide one.
5. Linked here is a photo waiver regarding permission for us to capture photos or videos of your child(ren) the day of the event. They will be available at check-in as well.
6. If needed, please click on the following link for an Excused Absence form for your child(ren)’s school. Although it is summer, we understand that some students may still have school activities during this time.
If you have any questions, please connect with Denyse Guthrie at email@example.com or x7609. We look forward to seeing you and your students/children!